No Man's Sky!!!11111

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
bignobody
Team RR

Re: No Man's Sky!!!11111

Post by bignobody » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm

An update this big deserves a restart. I immediately went back to first person mode, I can't see myself playing this any other way. Played about an hour last night - enough to repair my ship and leave the planet I started on. Haven't reached the first off planet-signal yet, I landed at the local space station to save for the night (but not before having a look around it!)

Not only does just about everything look a little nicer, everything feels a lot less clunky to do. They've clearly been busy over the last two years. Can't wait to see what else is waiting out there!

Spraydough
Team RR

Post by Spraydough » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

My intention is to update tonight and play tomorrow.....

I'll let you know my thoughts soon.
#OfficiallySpellbound - http://www.geminusporta.com

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm

I'll have to have a go - maybe I can find my way into space...

Scottige
Team RR

Post by Scottige » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Dipped back into this for the first time since "vanilla".
What a difference.
What a game!

I enjoyed it back at the start but really enjoy it now, to the point I'm scunnered I need to go to bed for work tomorrow!
Feels like a new game again and has that new game smell and excitement.

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Havie wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm
I'll have to have a go - maybe I can find my way into space...
How are you making out? I'm finding the guide a lot more helpful this time.

I've been equipped to do my first warp for a while now, but I'm gathering some more resources first. Gotta collect those nanites!

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:01 am

Yah! I've finally repaired my ship and left the first planet! it's like I've finished the game - what else is there to do?

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Just keep exploring and let the game delight you. My advice is to collect as many resources along the way as you can.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Will do - for me getting off the first planet is like winning! never really been into resource management but have always loved space sims. Dark Star - Starion - Star Strike - Wing Commander - No Man's Sky (and yes - have never played Elite).

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Out of all the lovely things they've updated, I think I'm the most grateful for being able to fly around the curvature of a planet without constantly hitting the atmosphere before I'm ready.

Kryten
Remakenaut

Post by Kryten » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:25 pm

And yet we still dont have east / west markers on the compass, or basic filtering of resources that have already been used / mined.

thats without exocraft being basically useless now in terms of mining stuff, or base building which is massively clunky, unbalanced in terms of resource requirements, a lot of the base objects dont line up in construction and you cant mix / match the prefebs / cubes with the wood / metal / concrete stuff...

and dont get me started on random multiplayer folks being able to steal your portable equipment or pull your carefully crafted base to pieces - some utterly bonkers basic multiplayer crap that hasnt even been thought about.

Dont get me wrong - the improvements are good, and the game is better - but ffs, theres an awful lot of basic quality of life stuff that needs to be done still.