Quick check in

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Minion
Team RR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Quick check in

Post by Minion » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:43 pm

'Ello every body matey peeps ;)

Its been a long time and not much has been said. Just wanted to check everyone is OK, what with this dreadful virus going round and doing its worst. So, if you are reading this, just a quick reply to say hi and your doing fine would be swell :) if not we can assume you have perished from the virus and are now dead and roaming this earth as a zombie, in which case can you leave an address so I can be over with the mollys toot sweet ;)

Cheers doods :)

Min

notrobot
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quick check in

Post by notrobot » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Hey there! Glad to see another survivor here... I've not been here much as it's quieter than a mute stick insect in a library, and increasingly hard to read with the software slowly crumbling underfoot.

Any remakes to report?

Not much going on here, despite the copious amounts of free time I should supposedly have, not a great amount of motivation to do anything really. I can't even claim I've had more important things to do, because I haven't, or well I probably have but have just avoided doing those too.

Stay safe and healthy.
-- G.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Still here and check in fairly regularly just in case someone writes something...

Mr_Staypuft
Remakenaut

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 pm

Hello from downunder, peeps!

We're doing OK here. I'm still working from home.
Had 1 day less a week for the past few months, so I've spent the time setting up my blog and newsletter.
(I've been working on a memoir for years, about a youth radio station I set up with some friends
that caused a bit ruckus back in the 90s)

Kinda like the TV show 'Press Gang' if you remember it.

Here's my website, where I'll be doing updates, uploading audio, sharing mashups etc
https://www.gabemcgrath.com

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:55 pm

That makes four of us!

Nice to see that your photo is a true reflection of the Mr Staypuff name... :lol:

Minion
Team RR

Post by Minion » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:18 am

So 4 of us left on the whole planet ... we best start looking into repopulating it ;)

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Well - unless someone is hiding their real gender behind a bearded yellow avatar, we'll need a test-tube or two!

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Well, for better or worse, I'm here too :)
I've also been checking in regularly. Sad to see the site in such disrepair though, but at least it's still here.
No remakes in progress - I seem to have lost all motivation. Well, I'd still like to code, but I've grown tired of remakes and seeing the same games remade again and again. Hopefully I will get an idea (someday) and then start coding again.
Other than that: no Covid-19 (thankfully) ... and no job (less good) :(
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

caffeinekid
Team RR

Post by caffeinekid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:36 pm

A lot of us old relics are on facebook and keep in touch there and we even have a Retro Remakes facebook page to keep the dream alive.

Any of you who are on facebook who haven't joined come and say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/11473637932
Press 1 to buy me a coffee, press 2 to buy my Android games, or please hold if you wish to speak to one of our advisors.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Nice to hear from you Caff! I would but not sure FB is for me. Do I have to use my real name as it's a bit too unique and my job as an headteacher I don't want to be easily found...