The "I'm working on a thing" thread

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Spraydough
Team RR

Re: The "I'm working on a thing" thread

Post by Spraydough » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:31 pm

It looks beautiful, keep us up to date on it, you hear?
#OfficiallySpellbound - http://www.geminusporta.com

Tam Toucan
Team RR

Post by Tam Toucan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Very nice, though the walking seems a bit slow. Maybe it's because the screen ratio is different?

StevetSv2
Remakenaut

Post by StevetSv2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Tam, you're right it is slow compared to the original - I need to speed it up!

My rooms are wider than the original and it takes an age to get across them currently. Easy process to speed up the movement and anim speeds to match. Just need to keep the ratio's the same.

I want to get the other characters moving around as well. If you remember on the original the animations were limited and differed from Tir Na Nog and Dun Darach in that most of the mobs didn't really walk around - more floated. Means I'm having to create animation sequences from scratch for what Apex and the rest of the crew look like side-on and when moving.

Keeping the general mob animations as the original but wanted to add a bit more to the key characters I'm adding in (or 'borrowing' for cameos from the other games in the series).

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

The original was great; hopefully this will follow suit. :)

One apect I note from the video is the game speed. Maybe the recording isn't full speed, but the walking looks quite slow. This might be faithful to the original in that respect (I haven't played it on 25ish years), but speeding it up a tad wouldn't hurt.

Keep us posted :)
I came. I saw. I Played.