The "I've released a thing" thread...

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Mr_Staypuft
Remakenaut

Re: The "I've released a thing" thread...

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:45 am

Looks great Mr Griffin, downloading now.

(a bit later)

Wow, both your Android games are great.
Love the genuine 'pixeliness' of them - something that so many "hey look I'm retro" game apps wish for but fail to deliver.
Very high on the 'one more go' scale. Nice work.

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! Now just have to try and get the word out a bit, then figure out what to have a bash at next.

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Minor update to let you know I just added a Windows port of RRA! for anyone who wants to give it a bash, it's grabbable from Gamejolt over here: http://gamejolt.com/games/run-run-argh/192102

Edit: Just added an HTML5 web browser-playable version to that page too :)

MaxEd
Remakenaut

Post by MaxEd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm

About a year and a half ago, I posted about my remake of Island of Dr. Destructo here (http://zxstudio.org/projects/drdestructo/). Well, it's now also available for Android, with some in-app purchases (which are not required, but would be greatly appreciated :) ) and ads (I hope they won't annoy people much, because I don't show them often). You can check it out on Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... destructo2

Thought it was a pet project at first, I released Android version through the company that employs me (Lextre). My colleagues helped me with many troubles caused by Android's OpenGL ES, aided with testing, and my boss is going to throw some money on advertising the game, so maybe I can make some money from it, though probably not :)

And remember, the desktop version is still free and open-source!

Endurion
Remakenaut

Post by Endurion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Just released version 1.9 of HitBlock Deluxe. It adds on a few editor features like fill and copy/paste modes.

200 in built stages plus over 1000 user made sets are waiting to be played!

Link as usual, http://www.georg-rottensteiner.de/files ... eSetup.exe

hitblockdeluxe1.png
hitblockdeluxe3.png

UserXDev
Remakenaut

Post by UserXDev » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey guys, I've just spent the last couple of weeks remaking the first ever game I made 4 years ago.It's a retro arcade game for Android, inspired by puzzle bobble and breakouts mechanics (but with unique gameplay). Any feedback would be brilliant. Here are some of the new screenshots:

and here's the promo video that I created 4 years ago for the original version if you'd like to get some sense of the gameplay, although I think it plays alot alot better now.

Cheers!

namco
Remakenaut

Post by namco » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Firstly, hello and long time no see! :)

Secondly, waaaaaay back in 2008 I posted about wanting to do a remake for E.T. for the 08 Remakes Competition. Well now, after about 8 years, it has been completed - in fact, I released version 1.1 late Saturday night addressing such a noob issue (when you restarted the game the pickups etc didn't reset). Details of controls etc are on the website and the readme file. I've still got some stuff to add and fix and that is being addressed.

Download:
http://www.stupendous-stuff.com/downloa ... strial.php

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:44 pm

That's good to hear.

It's always good to finally see long-term projects completed. :D

What's next? ;)

OK. Played it now and I haven't got the foggiest! I've picked up two Reeces Pieces and run around some seemingly wrapping landscapes while avoiding a man, but that's it. Is there anything else to do?

[EDIT] Ah. Found the holes. It's sometimes helps if you read the instructions... D'oh!

[EDIT 2] Can you only hold two items at a time? I have a computer(?) and an umbrella, but I can;t pick up a key(?). Am I supposed to place/use them somewhere?

[EDIT 3] I got a Speak & Spell too, but it disappeared from my inventory...
I came. I saw. I Played.

namco
Remakenaut

Post by namco » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Next? Remakes-wise I'll probably see if I can do a demake for Halls of the Things into MegaZeux:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MegaZeux

But before that demake I've started on a parallax scrolling shooter.
[EDIT 3] I got a Speak & Spell too, but it disappeared from my inventory..
There is a known bug issue concerning that phone piece in that when you pick it up, depending on the area you're in, it will look like you've picked it up and then haven't. But if you look in the top right and the item is there then you will have picked it up. Atm I'm just not sure why it happens.

How did you find the game?

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:10 pm

TBH it doesn't seem to be much of a game (five or six screens?) and what's there seems a bit too repetitive without any real idea of what you're supposed to be doing. I don't know if this is identical to the original game, as I never played it.

As for the game: obviously it's lacking sound and the 3D effect isn't great (walking under buildings and trees etc.), but I can see that the game has potential. I like that you can tell if you've visited a hole before. A bit more variety and extra screens could help.

:)
I came. I saw. I Played.