The "I've released a thing" thread...

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
RobF
Team RR

The "I've released a thing" thread...

Post by RobF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:01 am

STUFF HERE
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

Endurion
Remakenaut

Re: The "I've released a thing" thread...

Post by Endurion » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 am

Finally it's here, my fully rewritten version of HitBlock named HitBlock Deluxe.

A game, which started as remake of the C64 game Crillion. Up to date graphics and sounds make this game an experience on your PC today.

A ball jumps up and down and can be moved to the left and right. Every level has to be cleaned of all color blocks. This works only if the color of the ball and the block match though. Skill and brain power are needed to solve all 200 levels.

If you finished those, you can still find more sets in the online level database ("Levelbase").

And should you be able to finish all of them you can always start up the editor to build your own contraptions.

This version is built upon DirectX 8 and should therefore run on pretty much everything (Yes, I know. It's "know your target")

Get the installer here.
Get the zipped game here.

ChrisClark
Remakenaut

Post by ChrisClark » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:32 pm

That's fun. I haven't seen that game before, but the graphics really remind me of Oxyd, one of my favourite old games. Just played a few levels, but I'll definitely be going back for more. :)

ChrisClark
Remakenaut

Post by ChrisClark » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:45 pm

I tweeted it to Rob, but I've released a Jezzball remake for Android. It's done in Unity so I'm planning on getting to other ports too. My only time to work on it though is after my new son has gone to bed at night, so things move slowly. :)

I'm selling it on the Play Store for $0.99, and it's actually done so much better than I expected, over 150 sales in the week since I've released it. There is no demo version, and the 15 minute return window is kinda crappy. So if any of you would like to try it first, send me a message and I'll let you have the APK to try it out before purchase.

I've added achievements, global leaderboards and an easy mode. Hard mode is similar to the original game, but people need easier modes these days. I put it in to avoid too much frustration. :)

ImageImage Image

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Aquaventure should now be available for OUYA.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Download to your OUYA
Last edited by RobF on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed images - Bob
I came. I saw. I Played.

saulc12
Remakenaut

Post by saulc12 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Ian wrote:Aquaventure should now be available for OUYA.

Download to your OUYA
Sweet, I always loved this one - will look forward to playing it on Ouya
Have a better one, or two or maybe even three y'all...

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 am

I've released a couple of things for Ouya recently, both proper free* and both varying degrees of remake.
*an minor exception is the vanilla Android port of gemHEX, which was a commercial release that sold one copy. At least it wasn't to my mum or something.

First up is gemHEX, heavily inspired by Kaiko's c64/Amiga game of the very similar name. The PC version's been doing the rounds for a few months now, cropping up here and there (was chuffed to see it make Retro Gamer). Currently the Ouya release is the most mature of the bunch, but only by a little.

Downloads: Push to OUYA Windows Installer Windows .zip

Lastly and most recently there's Snowbrawl in HELL, a last-minute replacement for an xmas project that fell through, and a fond tribute to a real fave of mine, Hunchback. It's fairly short-lived and increasingly out of season, but was a lot of fun to put together in a hell of a hurry over a few days, just in time for the Ouya lads to fail to bother passing it in time for their xmas cut-off.

Downloads: OUYA Windows
Alternatively just play a slightly chuggier version in your browser (even chuggier and possibly silent if you're not on Chrome, alas).

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:32 am

j_griffin wrote:Image
Love those graphics. So cute. :)
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

PsychicParrot
Remakenaut

Post by PsychicParrot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello!

I made this thing. It's not exactly a remake, but if I had a time machine I'd take it back to 1987 and I think it would win awards. I'd make a cool box that said:

[highlight=#bfff00][font=Impact]MY NUCLEAR OCTOPUS[/font][/highlight]

And it would have a nice picture on it like this:

Just in-case there's any need for this sort of thing, here's the presskit link too. I'm showing it off because we only built it last night.. well, actually my wife built it and I just spent my time swearing at the hard drive because I couldn't find enough images:

http://psychicparrotgames.com/press_her ... ar_octopus
Last edited by PsychicParrot on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:49 pm

MNO looks good but just crashes on my PC - Vista?