The "I've released a thing" thread...

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
AmazingJas
Remakenaut

Re: The "I've released a thing" thread...

Post by AmazingJas » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 am

I vaguely remember playing Harrier Attack on my C64. Seems like a game i would have liked. Thanks for the remakes.

kickoffworld

Post by kickoffworld » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 pm

We're a group of 16bit football games fan, and after 3 years of hard work we just released a full remake of Player Manager, the Football Managerial game released on Amiga and Atari ST on 1990.
This fan game has almost same 16bit graphics from original Amiga version, we got authorisation from original graphic creator (Steve Screech) to use his graphics on a free game.

The game has some nice new feature like international tournaments, more than 100 international championships and about 3000 teams! It has also different difficulty levels that sett game speed and ball control.

The game is running on every smartphone or tablet with iOS, Android, Windows Phone.
It run on every PC with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.

We have also a flash version that run on every OS or old PV with a browser and a flash plugin.

you can have all info and links on our website: http://www.kickoffworld.net

soopytwist
Remakenaut

Post by soopytwist » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:51 pm

Back again after several months away. I've just updated my Lunatic Starring Miner Willy game. I've added more colour to the enemy sprites (most of them) and added a few extra enemies to the descent to hell rooms which felt a bit sparse.

I've not been working on a new project in the time I've been away, real life kind of got in the way. I still have plans to make a homage to the Commodre 64. A platform exploring puzzle game like The Goonies. One of these days.

baseball8z

Post by baseball8z » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 am

Hey guys, I just made a game inspired by Block Dude for Ti-83. I just submitted it to greenlight and gog.com and just thought I would post here to let anybody who's interested know about it. Obviously thumbs ups are nice but I just thought there might be some fans of the original who would maybe want to check it out. I worked hard on it and definitely think some of the levels are really challenging and I'm curious to see what others think. Hopefully it gets thru to release so ppl can play it but if anyone wants to check it out I can send them a copy :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =660016333

legendpaul
Remakenaut

Post by legendpaul » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello

I entered the Ludumdare gamejam competition this time around with my alien shapeshifters game for Android Mobiles which was inspired by the classic game lemmings.

Feel free to trial and rate here :
http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-3 ... &uid=36061

or just download from android store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... peshifters

Most of the comments have already been implemented in a post gamejam version that I will release to the googlePlay store soon.

Beerman
Remakenaut

Post by Beerman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm still alive! And I made a new thing!

It's a somewhat manic twist on the Asteroids formula.
I've gone a bit Minter with the visuals as you can see :D

You can get it here : www.beercave.co.uk/games/space-bastards
"We are the future, baby, used to be the past"
The Games The Bollocks The Tweets

GarBenjamin

Post by GarBenjamin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:51 am

Hey folks!

Not been here in a while. Time flies. Seems to be a completely different forum software.
I made a new account. I am not sure why but at one point I thought this site was going/had gone offline so I stopped visiting. Decided to check again tonight and was happy to find it not only still around but also updated. :)

Been busy working on various projects and of course always looking for cool retro style games to check out.

And that is why I am here. I recently completed a new retro style game.

Play Atlantic Crisis on GameJolt right in your web browser. It's free. Atlantic Crisis is inspired by classic games. It's for all of the "old school" game lovers as well as people who like games where they can just jump right in get in the action quickly.

If you are familiar with the old SeaQuest game it should feel familiar because that was my inspiration. However, I added a bit more depth to the gameplay and created a more interesting environment to play in.

People seem to like the graphics style a lot and also the general authentic feel of the game. Oh yeah... I've also heard it is very fun and addicting.

The game is done and available for play right now on GameJolt in your web browser. I am just waiting for a few more people to play it before doing a public release on the site. Just in case someone runs into an issue this gives me time to fix it.

Feel free to rate the game, comment on GameJolt or leave a reply here regarding the game. Or just saying hello.

Alright now I am off to check off the forum. I have a lot of catch-up reading and I am sure many retro games to check out.

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:57 am

Just put out a new little thing on the Play Store. It's a one-button endless climber thing, heavily inspired by the old Amiga PD Game Elevation and the Speccy's own Nifty Lifty. It's just a simple little thing but it's nice to get something out the door again.

You can grab it for yourself here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... runrunargh
It contains some entirely cosmetic IAP stuff, but is otherwise free.

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 am

I like the style. I don't have an Android device so I'm only judging from the picture though. Nice and retro-like. I like. :)
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:08 am

Yeah, I like the look of that too :)
I came. I saw. I Played.