Molygeddon

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
RobF
Team RR

Re: Molygeddon

Post by RobF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:04 am

I get the complaints about the opening gambit with John, I really do but I think it has to be seen in the context of the entire internet calling Peter a liar constantly. It could have paid off if you weren't dealing with someone who starts behaving like a 2 year old in every single conversation so especially in that respect, it wasn't smart. But y'know, I'm not going to get upset about John asking what everyone in every comments section and in every forum is asking behind his back repeatedly. At least, if nothing else, it gave Peter the right of reply.

As for Noddy Holder and his Communication Fleet, he thrives on the spotlight so starving him of it is only sensible, surely? Look how his fleet of admirers goes down with every new twitter account after we've settled down to a core of people involved. When the KS is dead and buried, as it will be in a few weeks and when nothing releases on Steam that's vaguely above shite? Maybe. But he's one of the few I think naw, leave him there. At least with regards to his games, him and his followers are worth keeping a sly eye on but that's one for law enforcement not the games press (or at least, the games press -as we have them now-). I guess I'm just not sure what shining a light on him would achieve because outside of Camp Fruitcake, nobody gives a solitary fuck about him apart from being comfortable in the knowledge that he's a stalker and abuser.

But the jumping on stuff, that totally bothers me. I'm really fundamentally aware that even before this all came up, there's people out there calling for his blood for having the audacity to just make games that weren't quite as good as the things he said and they're totally after their pound of flesh now and I hate that. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure how you can approach what's clearly a situation that needs a severe intervention by the press without sating that somewhat.
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

BadDogGames
Remakenaut

Post by BadDogGames » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Fuck's sake. And now everyone's decided to do game jams about this. Why, exactly?

What does this endless barrage of jams actually achieve? Argh.

RobF
Team RR

Post by RobF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:20 pm

My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

xAD
Remakenaut

Post by xAD » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:05 am

It would seem that in the entirety of Moly's career he has managed to be sheltered from all the business aspects of running a business and just been a heads-down game-making geek with the favor of his superiors. It totally makes sense considering the way he's always acted. Now that he's running the business as well, he's out of his depth and just muddling through as best he can figure out how. Ironically, now would be the best time for him to break out the dazzling personality and con himself a cash injection and some industry talent to run clean-up. A happy ending is certainly not guaranteed with the way things are going.

I am pleased that he has not completely abandoned the game, which was the reporting that started this whole thing.