Molygeddon

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
RobF
Team RR

Molygeddon

Post by RobF » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Godusogeddon? Dunno. Fucked up, anyway.

Everyone's probably aware that Godus ended up -barely a game- never mind a shit game, but whatever happened to all the Kickstarter promises and whilst it's in Early Access, will it ever get fixed? Well, that seems highly highly unlikely. RPS went looking into it and fucking hell. I knew a lot of this already but seeing it all in one place and with the new developer of Godus' developer updates to read through, you wouldn't think it could get worse but it does.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02 ... -going-on/

Can't decide if this video is Ricky Gervais or Lars Von Trier cringe but it's cringe all the same as 22 Cans go into damage control mode... badly. What was that about not thinking it could get worse but it does? AGAIN.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02 ... /#comments
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

empty_fortress
Remakenaut

Re: Molygeddon

Post by empty_fortress » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 am

I just hope people have learned enough to take everything he says with a grain of salt by now, because way to pollute the crowdfunding and early access waters for everyone else, PM.

Also, looking at the video (which indeed wouldn't have been out of place as an extra on the DVD edition of The Office), I'm amazed by how calm the new lead designer manages to stay. With a boss like this I'd need way more than an e-cig to function properly :)

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 am

There's a piece in this month's GamesTM mag that paints a less than rosy picture of the whole Godus experience. It's not over yet and Moly's moved/moving onto something else already. That's an excellent way to make friends for future projects... D'oh!
I came. I saw. I Played.

caffeinekid
Team RR

Post by caffeinekid » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Poor Konrad looks like we wants to strangle or just plain beat the shit out of Peter.
Press 1 to visit my website, press 2 to buy my Android games, or please hold if you wish to speak to one of our advisors.

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:51 pm

It's amazing how this is getting so much worse as it goes on. Today's pieces by John Walker and Eurogamer have turned me all the way from extremely irritated to actively furious at how much of a colossal arsehole Moly is being. I mean, in the past he's talked a load of BS about new projects and hyped himself up to the moon, but mostly it just seemed like he had fairly good intentions, that he just tended to get carried away and reach far beyond his means. I can understand that, I'm sure anyone who's worked at game dev for any length of time has been there (even if they haven't voiced it).

This is a much different kettle of fish. This is just flat-out unforgivably dickheaded. I've cut him slack in the past, but this is really beyond the pale. Giving contradicting lies in different interviews on the same day, twisting himself into some moebius strip of pure refined bastardry. Never mind what they did to that poor lad. I mean taking him out to the pub and turning their backs on him to chat among themselves, fuck sake. First against the wall the lot of 'em.

Off the Christmas card list then.

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 pm

j_griffin wrote:Off the Christmas card list then.
Nahh, show him you still think of him - send him a letterbomb. ;)
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

BadDogGames
Remakenaut

Post by BadDogGames » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:00 pm

This was pretty much predicted 2 years ago:

It's a shame as I loved the old Bullfrog games, but he's not had the magic touch for the best part of 20 years now.

j_griffin
Remakenaut

Post by j_griffin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 pm

I don't mind him under-delivering on games, at least he seemed to aim high, even if it was only in his fevered mind. Outright lying to backers at every turn to make KickStarter goals and fucking over competition winners after promising them the moon on a stick, that's more problematic. He outright said he was doing a KS to work outside the restrictions of the publishing system only to land a publisher a mere couple of months after, shit like that.

Guess I'll have to take him off the Valentine's list too.

I'd say this post wasn't an excuse to post that link but I'd be lying.

BadDogGames
Remakenaut

Post by BadDogGames » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm

I'm not sure what I just watched there. I may need to check the dosage of my cough mixture.

RobF
Team RR

Post by RobF » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Rab :D
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home