The Doctor Who Thread

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Sokurah
Remakenaut

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Post by Sokurah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Not a problem - I have a big dick. :lol:
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

Minion
Team RR

Post by Minion » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:08 am

:)

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Beat me to it! Morph at the beginning is something to behold...

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 am

Jodie Whittaker has given an interview about getting the role as The Doctor and I have a few comments about it.
It'll sound a bit negative but it's not really ... it's more because I don't really give a shit anymore.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/jodie ... 202517237/

First these comments from the article;

Jodie says...
...that new head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall will take the sci-fi series in an amazing direction.
He’s come from the fan point of view, so the direction he’s going to take it in is going to be amazing,” she said.

Give me a break. We hear the same shit every time there is a change and it never lives up to the hype.
Remember how stoked everyone was about Moffatt taking over? ... many of those people can't wait for him to leave now.

And this about Moffatt;
Whittaker was unveiled as the new lead in “Doctor Who” last month. Outgoing showrunner Steven Moffat has since reacted angrily to the negative reaction, in some quarters, to casting a woman in the role, a move that was welcomed by other “Doctor Who” actors.

Well, perhaps part of that is because the idea of a woman taking over the role has been discussed for a long time AND Moffatt has been asked about it many times and the answer has always been "No, it's not going to happen under my watch and it would never happen without there being a really good reason for it" (so cleverly he hasn't actually lied) ... but with all this Missy/Master business everyone and their dog can see that he's known for A LONG time that the next Doctor would (probably?) be a woman, so some people probably feel like they've been lied to?

... perhaps people just want a straight answer once in a while.

Personally I don't have a problem with a woman in the role. I think it's better suited to a man but I'm so desperate to see Moffatt go that I'm willing to try anything. Hey, it might just be really good ... I hope it will be.

I'm really more worried over the thing (imho) that none of Chibnalls standalone stories has been anything noteworthy - certainly nowhere near as good as the ones Moffatt wrote before he became showrunner. But then again - he might also surprise.
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

gtoal
Remakenaut

Post by gtoal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 am

So so glad to hear that there's a new Doctor. I don't care who it is, I'm just glad that that obnoxious Gleswegian is going and I can enjoy the program again. I hope he was fired with extreme prejudice, he completely ruined the program for me. I'm guessing that if he had to leave after such a short run, the ratings were pretty low and I'm not alone in my lack of enthusiasm for this Doctor? The only other time I stopped watching Dr Who (and I've watched it from *literally* the beginning. I think I was 4 at the time...) was during the Sylvester McCoy years. I didn't think it could get any worse than that but Capaldi proved me wrong.

Minion
Team RR

Post by Minion » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I for one loved Capaldi. His second season was his worst, and I was really enjoying his last season so I'm happy with him. Will be sad to see him go.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Well - I enjoyed the Christmas episode and thought it was pretty good/ So basically everyone is dead now - Bill, Nardol and Clara. The Moff doesn't like anyone else playing with his toys!

Ending was ok but a bit similar to End of Time. Looking forward to the new series (whenever it's on).

Happy Christmas.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

I like the new logo:

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:28 pm

doctor who.jpg
I would soooo watch that!