Finally Got Elite: Dangerous

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Havie
Team RR

Finally Got Elite: Dangerous

Post by Havie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 pm

So, I got a free copy of ED via Epic and frankly haven't a clue. I can't even finish the training missions...what a disappointment. I even broke out the old joystick with 12 buttons - works ok but still couldn't shoot those training spaceships. Two hours of my life and got nowhere. Very sad - any helpful tips?

Mind you - took me a year to get of the first planet in No Man's Sky...

Spraydough
Team RR

Re: Finally Got Elite: Dangerous

Post by Spraydough » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:27 am

If at first you don't succeed.....

Ignore combat at the moment, the ship in the tutorial is NOT specced out enough to do any damage, it's just target practice without gimballed guns (when you want to start combat missions, get gimballed guns). I'm 170 hours under the belt and I'm still only Harmless (for combat), I don't concentrate on the combat missions unless I know I'll be able to complete them, it's hard enough being interdicted by an NPC at Master when you're just hauling freight.

Here's a big tip. Do NOT play in open play. As soon as you leave the safe zones (around the starting systems) then dick players will just pick you off. Get yourself on Facebook and join Mobius, it's a private PVE server, no PVP at all, totally changed the way I play the game, yeah, there are still dick NPCs out there, but they are few and far between.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElitePvE.MOBIUS

The very BEST thing you can do with E:D is play in VR - it's expensive, I know, but it is the absolute greatest VR experience I have seen (NMS is also awesome in VR, but not a patch on E:D) - set yourself up with a Rift, an xbox 360 controller and VoiceAttack (it's about £10 but worth every penny) and get REAL immersed.

The Odyssey update is out in a few months time, that brings Space Legs to the game, should be awesome.

Did I mention I quite like E:D?

If you want a wing man at all, hit me up.
#OfficiallySpellbound - http://www.geminusporta.com

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable