Quick check in

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Pingouin
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quick check in

Post by Pingouin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:24 pm

I put all my stuff on GitHub few months back:
https://github.com/cricri-pingouin

Games wise, nothing fancy: Tetris, Columns, Bejeweled, Snake, Tic-Tac-Toe, Lights Out, Minesweeper, Master Mind, Same Game, Peg.

So nothing groundbreaking, but at least you get Delphi source and I've released executables for all projects.
They are all self contained executables and use a .INI file, so nothing to install, and no junk left behind!
Not as neat as the remakes you guys used to pump out, but might be a quick fix if you are suffering from withdrawal!

The only other thing I wanted to do was a Pipe Dream remake, but I just don't have the skills and life caught up. With Covid 19 and job losses bonanza (I'm an aerospace engineer), writing games isn't high up my list!

You'll have to pardon me if the coding is sloppy, I'm not a coder. But hey, feel free to contribute. The other project that could be improved is Bejeweled as it hasn't got any levels, you just play till you lose; if you opt for a 20x20 board and 4 colours, that could take a while ;)
Last edited by Pingouin on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:09 pm

Pingouin wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:24 pm
I put all my stuff on GitHub few months back:
https://github.com/cricri-pingouin

Games wise, nothing fancy: Tetris, Columns, Bejeweled, Snake, Tic-Tac-Toe, Lights Out, Minesweeper, Master Mind, Same Game, Peg.

So nothing groundbreaking, but at least you get Delphi source and I've released executables for all projects.
They are all self contained executables and use a .INI file, so nothing to install, and no junk left behind!
Not as neat as the remakes you guys used to pump out, but a might be a quick fix if you are suffering from withdrawal!

The only other thing I wanted to do was a Pipe Dream remake, but I just don't have the skills and life caught up. With Covid 19 and job losses bonanza (I'm an aerospace engineer), writing games isn't high up my list!

You'll have to pardon me if the coding is sloppy, I'm not a coder. But hey, feel free to contribute. The other project that could be improved is Bejewled is it hasn't got any levels, you just play trill you lose; if you opt for a 20x20 board and 4 colours, that could take a while ;)
Nice to see a new poster - life is slowly creeping back - will have a look. Thanks!

Pingouin
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pingouin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Havie wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:09 pm
Nice to see a new poster - life is slowly creeping back - will have a look. Thanks!
No problem. I'm on holiday this week (first time this year has I've been stuck working from home), so I might disappear again next week!
Not complaining, a lot of my colleagues have been granted extended leave without pay (also called P45, or pink slip for the yanks) :?