The New Doctor Who Thread!

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
xAD
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The New Doctor Who Thread!

Post by xAD » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:17 am

I have to say the finale was a poorly conceived exposition dump and a pointless retconning of the Doctor into a non-Gallifreyan with so many contradictions and holes somebody should've fired Chibbers and stopped it from being aired if there were anyone at the BBC anymore who gave a shit about quality programming rather than political agenda pushing.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:52 pm

Disagree - thought the finale was fine and the retconning was terrible. If this has been a RTD end of series, no one would have complained as much except about the Deus Ex killer particle. Do feel that it's trendy to bash Chibnal - he may not be the best producer but a lot of what he has done this year has been pretty good.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Good to have a bit of debate going on - make shake a few more awake!!!

xAD
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by xAD » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:14 am

Only the companions did anything. The Doctor just stood around looking bloated listening to exposition dumps.

xAD
Remakenaut

Post by xAD » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 pm

OK, just found out Cartmel plan was open to making the Doctor non-Gallifreyan and possibly from another dimension so I guess Chibbers gets a pass there even though I find that contrivance annoying.
Still caused 5x as many continuity holes as it fixed.

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:23 pm

The Doctor did a little more than bark orders and was going through her own issues! Companions were fine although I do think that having more than three never works well and with the rumors of leaving at Christmas/New Year, I think there will be an opportunity to bring in another stronger one. There is also an chance to build on the momentum built up this season (well they are going straight into a Dalek episode next) and they need to bring back the Sea Devils (those rumors must have come from somewhere).

As to the retcon of the Doctor's life - I don't have too much of an issue and it's a chance to bring back some of the mystery.

Minion
Team RR

Post by Minion » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:30 pm

So ... the Doctor is from a different dimension ... and shes(hes/its) not a true Gallifreyan .... so why does She/He/It have the same number of hearts ? We don`t ... are we the misfits for only having one ?

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Or is she from our dimension and the whole of last season has been in another one????

Sokurah
Remakenaut

Post by Sokurah » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 pm

Havie wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm
Or is she from our dimension and the whole of last season has been in another one????
Well, that could certainly explain the poor quality of the latest season :lol:
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:18 am

I thought much of last season was really good and much more exciting then the dull previous one! Still has a way to go to achieve heights of previous Doctors.

Been rewatching (with not so little Hav) an episode a day since lockdown began and just watched Matt Smith regenerate. Even didn't dislike Time of the Doctor as much as I remember and actually really liked Matt Smith (watching daily - Tennant is a bit annoying..)