Let's Try This Again ...

Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
Jetmans Dad

Let's Try This Again ...

Post by Jetmans Dad » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Posted a new topic a minute ago, which has just vanished into the ether, so here is where we end up with two posts from me, leaving me squirming, embarrassed, in the foetal position on the floor, but I digress.

Been inspired to check in after discovering Smila's brilliant Geordie's Ale Adventure lurking on an old backup and it is nice to see so many familiar faces around the place, even as you all scratch your heads wondering who this interloper is.

Since I was last around some things have stayed the same (still writing songs, and playing with the band), and others have changed massively (quit the finance rat race, got myself a degree in Computer Science and am now teaching IT & Computing in a local secondary school and Sixth Form College). Of course the problem with being a teacher is having very little time to do any of my own programming, hence the JDGames website has stayed much the same for the last decade or so ... although the download stats keep creeping upwards, which is cool and weird in equal measure.

Coolest retro happening recently has been doing some stuff in school with the legendary Rob Hubbard.

Probably don't have much to contribute beyond my traditional supply of non-sequiters and comments that sounded much cleverer and funnier in my head than they read on screen, but hopefully will find a way to hang out here from time to time if you'll have me.

Cheers,
JD

Firefox
Remakenaut

Re: Let's Try This Again ...

Post by Firefox » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Jetmans Dad wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:23 pm
Coolest retro happening recently has been doing some stuff in school with the legendary Rob Hubbard.
Ooh, that sounds a bit interesting!

Care to expand on that...?
Floyd tells you about the time he helped someone sharpen a pencil.