Browser based FPS

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
GeeKay
Team RR

Browser based FPS

Post by GeeKay » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:03 pm

I can't remember for the life of me a browser based FPS multiplayer I used to play. It was a WW2 one where it was more kinda cartoony graphics like in Term Fortress 2. One of the maps/style you had to stop a V2 missile from launching in a kind of capture the flag style battle.

Any suggestions of what it may be would be much appreciated.

Havie
Team RR

Re: Browser based FPS

Post by Havie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Have no idea but found browser based Doom the other day and it was pretty impressive (if took quite a while to download on my rather slow braodband).

AmazingJas
Remakenaut

Post by AmazingJas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Oooh, I think I can help! Im 90% sure it was Battlefield Heroes. Loosely based on the awesome Battlefield 1942 cdrom game, which is one of my top3 games of all time btw, which I played about 2 weeks ago in fact.
I believe Battlefield Heroes closed down about a year ago. I had a few goes but servers were always too high a ping for me.

GeeKay
Team RR

Post by GeeKay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:09 pm

That was it - Thanks Jas. That's a shame it closed down - it was a fun game and I was going to play it with my lad.

Cheers again :)