Atari 2600/VCS

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
Havie
Team RR

Re: Atari 2600/VCS

Post by Havie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Tried out Video Olympics with the paddle controllers but the controllers not working :(. Looked on Youtube and found a video that explained how to fix them. Dismantled them, cleaned up the contacts with glasses wipe and some cotton buds and 'Bob's your uncle' - a set of working paddles.

Here is Video Olympics (looks mightily familiar):

AmazingJas
Remakenaut

Post by AmazingJas » Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Received a set of these in the post the other day. 2 player paddle battles of warlords and video olympics ahoy.

pob
Remakenaut

Post by pob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

Just got a 2600 Junior, with 2 paddles (need cleaning same as Havie found), but minus original joystick, plus shared access to a bundle of games.

I've been using it with a microswitched joystick which needed a cleanup and some grease, but is now working really nicely on it.
I've got a second microswitch joystick which feels really good, but has one sticking microswitch, so hopefully can get that working.

Donkey Kong, Galaxian, and Cosmic Ark are the games I've played the most so far out of the one's I've tried.
Cosmic Ark would have blown me away back in the day. Great use of colour and sound, massive player "sprite", and excellent twitch gameplay.

Spraydough
Team RR

Post by Spraydough » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 am

Cosmic Ark hardly ever came out of my VCS, I was addicted to it.
#OfficiallySpellbound - http://www.geminusporta.com