Games I Played 2017 Edition

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
AmazingJas
Remakenaut

Re: Games I Played 2015 Edition

Post by AmazingJas » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Kopanito All-Stars Soccer is on special on steam at, less than $5. Highly recommended.

Scottige
Team RR

Re: Games I Played 2015 Edition

Post by Scottige » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:20 am

Currently playing Nioh on the PS4.
Cracking game if you're into the self harm that is dark souls!

Very fluid melee combat.
Very nuanced, apparently lol.
I tend to wade in like Begbie until experience and multiple death forced me to change my tactics!

As good as Nioh is, it's bum's oot the windae come next Friday!

Zelda - Breath of the Wild!
Man, 26 years later ( I cut my teeth on link to the past ) I'm still a huge Zelda fanboy and can not wait to get stuck in.
Even took my last available half day off like a sad act!

bignobody
Team RR

Re: Games I Played 2017 Edition

Post by bignobody » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Grabbed The Signal From Tölva, since it's not too expensive and I really enjoyed Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Played for about half an hour on my lunch. I am enjoying the story and the style so far, but it plays a little clunky on my work machine. To be fair, my work machine isn't very high spec (it is due to be replaced soon) but considering how well it can run Mad Max, I was a little surprised at how laggy it felt... And when I got to my first bit of combat said laggyness turned into unplayable mess. I am looking forward to playing on a system that can handle it.

ChasinTheTrane
Remakenaut

Post by ChasinTheTrane » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Currently playing through all of the puzzles in Snake Pass. It's a fun, albeit frustrating, game that is only better when you play with a large group.

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Spent a couple hours with Signal from Tölva on my gaming rig. Certainly is a different beast! On my crappy work computer, even on low settings, the performance is so poor I couldn't run (I originally figured it was part of an upgrade system later in the game - nope! ).

It won't be for everyone, but I've been enjoying the mostly leisurely exploration, punctuated with combat bits.

I am a bit confused about how one is supposed to take over bases, or if I've just hit a glitch: I conquered a Bandit held base by killing two Bandits outside it. The game decided the base was mine. Then I went on my merry way, until I saw a message that my faction had lost the base. So I went back but have not been able to reclaim it, no matter how many of them I destroy...

The story is interesting and it's fun revealing it, but overall I feel like the game lacks the charm that Sir, You Are Being Hunted had. I also don't expect it will offer much in the way of replay value... Still, for the price I think I'll get my money's worth.

Also, had my first crack at TIS-100 yesterday. I don't normally go for puzzle games, but this is pretty great. I'm also not very competitive, but it's great to see the scores in game for each puzzle that your Steam friends got. It's a nice clue that "yes, you may have solved it... But you could do better!"

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Late to the party, but am quite enjoying SuperHot. An action game that gives you time to think.

sparkes
Remakenaut

Post by sparkes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 pm

bignobody wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 pm
Late to the party, but am quite enjoying SuperHot. An action game that gives you time to think.
Superhot was one of the stand out titles from fps jam the year I did a synesthesia type thing that used sound and colour to represent the environment and somebody else did a game called synesthesia that didn't :)

Totally wasn't a surprise when it became popular after a few years of polish.

Minion
Team RR

Post by Minion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Superhot ? Whats that ? I`m guessing its not what google brings back, because im pretty sure it has way more triple D breasts than is in a normal game.

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Sounds like you've got the theme for the next compo!

Firefox
Remakenaut

Post by Firefox » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Planetfall!

Grabbed a copy of Infocom's The Zork Anthology from GOG.com since it was discounted from its already low price. I mainly wanted it for all of the included goodies, and was surprised to find a copy of Planetfall bundled with it along with the Zork games.

I remember hearing about it being a favourite of Infocom fans back in the day, so I thought I'd give it a go. I got completely sucked in, and a week later I've finished it!

I haven't enjoyed a text adventure so much since Level 9's (much more serious) Snowball. If you haven't played Planetfall it's worth doing so just to meet Floyd. :)
Floyd tells you about the time he helped someone sharpen a pencil.