Games I Played 2017 Edition

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
Havie
Team RR

Re: Games I Played 2015 Edition

Post by Havie » Thu May 26, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm enjoying Mario Golf on the GBC - probably the best golf game I've played.

notrobot
Remakenaut

Post by notrobot » Sat May 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Argh, I can't be doing with Lumo, sorry! Somehow the controls are terrible and there's no sense of depth perception so it's infuriating to keep missing a jump and falling into the evil water. I never had this problem with the old 8-bit games, because everything was lined up to a nice grid and the controls were digital and moved at a fixed speed in one of four directions. And there doesn't seem to be much else to it yet, just very easy obstacle dodging mixed with rock-hard jumping across disappearing platforms. Disappointed.

RobF
Team RR

Post by RobF » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:00 pm

T H U M P E R I S O U T S O O N

Genuinely the most terrifying fucking thing I've ever played. The noise it makes and the speed and brutality of it all, you wouldn't think you could do so much with just riding a beetle down a rail but fucking hell.

Being the tight git that I am, had the kid play it on the headphones at EGX last year and he walked around grinning for twenty minutes afterwards. I think that was shock rather than enjoyment though.
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

Kryten
Remakenaut

Post by Kryten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:53 am

Picked up LA Noire is the steam sale - pleasantly surprised, nicely atmospheric and a much slower pace than I was expecting. Transformers : War for Cybertron was incredibly good fun too for 3 quid.

Tam Toucan
Team RR

Post by Tam Toucan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:46 pm

I've been enjoying Tallowmere. It's a lovely little rouge-lite, with a nifty difficulty selector; start with 10 health, which is pretty brutal, but you can sacrifice up to 9 kittens to get +10 health each time.

It's the kind of thing I wish I'd written; dead simple graphics, no major coding challenges, but the gameplay is works great.

Mkowadusty

Games I Played 2015 Edition

Post by Mkowadusty » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:52 pm

Same.

As well as StarCraft Ghost. I never actually played StarCraft but with that Nova girl I mean hey baby hubba hubba.

StarFox Adventures looked much more interesting without StarFox - when it was just Dinosaur Planet.
svoiduhi.com Все об ароматах, косметике и парфюмерии

GeeKay
Team RR

Post by GeeKay » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:56 am

Just played and completed Inside there. What a cracking cracking spiritual successor to Limbo. The animations are fluid and I've never been so scared to dogs since they came through the window on Resident Evil 1.

bignobody
Team RR

Post by bignobody » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Was gifted Grim Dawn a few weeks ago. Very Diablo-II like with a bit less polish and more numbers and stats. So many numbers and stats. They change a lot when you dress up your character. I don't pay much attention to the numbers. I just wander around and click-click-click-click my mouse and tap-tap-tap the health potion key. If you like Diablo/Torchlight style games, you'll probably get on with Grim Dawn.

RobF
Team RR

Post by RobF » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:01 am

I have that but I don't get on with Diablo games! I'm not quite sure what it is about them either given I click for less in plenty of other things.
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

Spraydough
Team RR

Post by Spraydough » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:11 am

I know I have a history of being late to the party for many games out there, generally only getting bundles now or games I really MUST have (Fallout 4, I'm looking at you), but how the hell did I miss 'This War Of Mine'?

What a beautiful, simple, amazing concept.

I can see myself dipping into it all too often. The fact that it's OSX too is just a damn fine bonus.
#OfficiallySpellbound - http://www.geminusporta.com