Amiga

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
RobF
Team RR

Re: Amiga

Post by RobF » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 am

Halfway through the latest From Bedrooms. It's much drier than the Britsoft one and has a bit more of a documentary over talking heads feel (so far, anyway) but it's certainly doing what it set out to do.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good and as a history of the Amiga, pretty exhaustive so far just... I don't think I'm that interested in just one machine. Something covering all the 16 bit scene would have been more interesting to me. But that's me rather than the documentary there.
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

Havie
Team RR

Post by Havie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:08 pm

One for me to watch I think. Still waiting for the long awaited Commodore: The Amiga Years book!

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Speaking of the Amiga (and sorry to advertise a KS project) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/47 ... ea68156c0a but this has already been funded on day 1. Comes from Chris Wilkins who's done a fair few of these retro books.
I came. I saw. I Played.

RobF
Team RR

Post by RobF » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Words can barely express how much I cringe at the amount of fonts on the front of that.
My love, I am the speed of sound.
I left them motherless, fatherless. Their souls dangling inside-out from their mouths.
But it's never enough.

Twitter | Words | Videogames | Home

Ian
Team RR

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Shurely moar fontz is betterer(tm)? ;)
I came. I saw. I Played.