Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
PlatinumLifeOW
Remakenaut
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PlatinumLifeOW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Have you guys given BladeShield from Rank17 a try? What are your overall thoughts on it? It was personally one of my first and most favorite VR experiences!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTNde93Dhxs

User avatar
Havie
Team RR
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:37 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by Havie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Sadly I don't have steroscopic vison so 3D is a no go for me. :(

User avatar
bignobody
Team RR
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm
Location: Not quite all there.

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by bignobody » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't have any VR equipment and have no plans to get any in the foreseeable future. I'm not sure why I'm not excited by VR, but I don't feel like I'm alone. So to answer the question, my favourite VR experience so far was watching 1992's The Lawnmower Man. And it was kind of disappointing.

User avatar
ChasinTheTrane
Remakenaut
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:50 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by ChasinTheTrane » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm really into ping pong and I've been really into all of the ping pong games. I played Paddle Up on the HTC Vive and I was so immersed that I nearly dropped the controller on the non-existent when I was finished.

User avatar
PsychicParrot
Remakenaut
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 am
Location: Lost in VR.
Contact:

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PsychicParrot » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

I've got really into the VR stuff and ended up working in it full-time as a job, so I spend farrrr too much time with a funny hat on.

So far, my favourites:

The Budget Cuts demo (free on Steam) is brilliant. Got so into it, I thought I was a proper spy.
The first half hour of Vanishing Realms was amazing, but it totally loses the plot in the second half. Such a shame because it really started out amazing.
Lucky's Tale (oozing character - the vr just makes it something special I think)
BLARP! is a cool little quick experience.. hard to explain it so here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qb1Xi54XHI
BlazeRush is a great racing game and it feels like playing a hi-tech toy set.. very addictive and doesn't make me barf too much even though the camera is moving around.

PlatinumLifeOW
Remakenaut
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PlatinumLifeOW » Mon May 01, 2017 2:27 am

Havie wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:45 pm
Sadly I don't have steroscopic vison so 3D is a no go for me. :(
Aww! If you ever get it, you should give it BladeShield a try. It's awesome!

PlatinumLifeOW
Remakenaut
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PlatinumLifeOW » Mon May 01, 2017 2:29 am

bignobody wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:51 pm
I don't have any VR equipment and have no plans to get any in the foreseeable future. I'm not sure why I'm not excited by VR, but I don't feel like I'm alone. So to answer the question, my favourite VR experience so far was watching 1992's The Lawnmower Man. And it was kind of disappointing.
Too bad. You should give it a try if you ever get the equipment! Also, I was one when that movie came out. Haha!

PlatinumLifeOW
Remakenaut
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PlatinumLifeOW » Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 am

ChasinTheTrane wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm
I'm really into ping pong and I've been really into all of the ping pong games. I played Paddle Up on the HTC Vive and I was so immersed that I nearly dropped the controller on the non-existent when I was finished.
If you like ping pong style games, check out Super Pixel Smash! It's also by Rank17. It's like a crazy combination of retro and new school brickbreaker/pong games!

PlatinumLifeOW
Remakenaut
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by PlatinumLifeOW » Mon May 01, 2017 2:34 am

PsychicParrot wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm
I've got really into the VR stuff and ended up working in it full-time as a job, so I spend farrrr too much time with a funny hat on.

So far, my favourites:

The Budget Cuts demo (free on Steam) is brilliant. Got so into it, I thought I was a proper spy.
The first half hour of Vanishing Realms was amazing, but it totally loses the plot in the second half. Such a shame because it really started out amazing.
Lucky's Tale (oozing character - the vr just makes it something special I think)
BLARP! is a cool little quick experience.. hard to explain it so here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qb1Xi54XHI
BlazeRush is a great racing game and it feels like playing a hi-tech toy set.. very addictive and doesn't make me barf too much even though the camera is moving around.
Just looked these up and they look fun! I'm going to have to give these a try.

User avatar
ChasinTheTrane
Remakenaut
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:50 am

Re: Favorite VR Experience? BladeShield!

Post by ChasinTheTrane » Wed May 03, 2017 6:05 pm

PlatinumLifeOW wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 am
ChasinTheTrane wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm
I'm really into ping pong and I've been really into all of the ping pong games. I played Paddle Up on the HTC Vive and I was so immersed that I nearly dropped the controller on the non-existent when I was finished.
If you like ping pong style games, check out Super Pixel Smash! It's also by Rank17. It's like a crazy combination of retro and new school brickbreaker/pong games!
That looks awesome! I wish I had my own Vive, but I doubt my computer could run it well at the moment.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest