Link the Faces of Evil & Wand of Gamelon PC Remasters

Format specific babbling. From Speccy to anything that's not the Speccy but they're probably not as good but we'll live, I guess.
Forum rules
1. Anything but Elite.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
icemann
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Link the Faces of Evil & Wand of Gamelon PC Remasters

Post by icemann » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:35 am

Link the Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon, released on the Philips CDI back in the 90s, are seen as the worst games in the Zelda series by a longshot. Nintendo themselves don't even acknowledge their existence, so that should tell you something.

This week, under the work of 1 person, they both were ported over to PC with some added in small enhancements like unlimited continues, autosaves etc etc. Had a play myself of Faces of Evil Remastered, and whilst sure it's a not a great game, I wouldn't call it a bad game either. Very subjective. My god are the cutscenes awful though.

Some video of gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwF67EL ... e=youtu.be

Havie
Team RR

Re: Link the Faces of Evil & Wand of Gamelon PC Remasters

Post by Havie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm

I'll be honest - doesn't look that great! Here's a spoon, you might have more fun with this!!!

notrobot
Remakenaut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Link the Faces of Evil & Wand of Gamelon PC Remasters

Post by notrobot » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:12 pm

That is one terrible looking game... unfair, illogical, ugly and frustrating... not sure how anyone could play that far through it without rage-quitting. How anyone would be expected to play it with only five continues... I guess this is yet another reason why the Phillips CDi is now a long-forgotten memory in the junkyard of failed console hardware.